Melbourne Employment Lawyer
There are many demands and challenges you face as part of a day’s work for your Florida employer. Dealing with discrimination, harassment, wages, and other disputes should not be among them. State and federal law protect you from different types of workplace misconduct, but many employees do not understand their rights. With the help of an employment lawyer, you can address unfairness in the work environment.
At de Beaubien, Simmons, Knight, Mantzaris & Neal, LLP, our Melbourne employment lawyers appreciate that you may be reluctant to pursue your employer for misconduct. It makes sense to fear retaliation. However, our Melbourne employment lawyers will protect your rights and seek all available remedies. Please contact our office to schedule a case evaluation today.
Types of Employment Law Cases We Handle
Both federal and Florida laws protect employees from unfair treatment in the workplace, but there are many ways your rights can be affected by your employer’s misconduct. Our employment lawyers advocate for workers in many types of cases, including:
- Wage and Hour Disputes: When your employer violates laws regarding minimum wage, overtime requirements, and treatment of tips, you may be able to recover backpay and other losses.
- Sexual Harassment: There are two types of sexual harassment, and you may take action against your employer for participating misconduct or allowing it to continue. Requesting sexual favors in exchange for preferential treatment and creation of a hostile work environment are both actionable.
- Discrimination: Florida employers are prohibited from treating employees differently on account of their race, gender, disability, national origin, and other protected characteristics. You have rights to seek justice when faced with discrimination.
- Wrongful Termination: It is illegal for an employer to terminate you or take other adverse actions related to your membership in a protected class.
- Retaliation: Your actions in connection with employment may also be protected. Your employer cannot take adverse action because you participated in a lawful investigation, filed a claim for workers’ compensation, or reported instances of discrimination or harassment
Why You Need a Florida Employment Lawyer
It can be extremely intimidating to think about addressing an employment law issue. You and your family rely on your income, and you gain personal satisfaction about your livelihood. You may feel that you put these issues at risk by pursuing legal remedies against your employer. For these reasons, it is critical to retain an experienced employment law attorney.
Our attorneys are prepared to take your employer to task for violations of federal and state law. We can assist with:
- Internal policies your employer has established regarding discrimination, harassment, and other issues;
- Filing a claim with relevant state and federal agencies;
- Representing your interests in administrative proceedings; and,
- Taking your case to court once you exhaust your administrative remedies.
Set up a Consultation with a Melbourne Employment Lawyer
For more information on your rights and remedies, please call 321-421-5529 the Melbourne, FL offices of de Beaubien, Simmons, Knight, Mantzaris & Neal, LLP. We can schedule a consultation to discuss your options and tell you more about how an employment lawyer can assist with your case.