Melbourne Family Lawyer
Family law covers a wide range of topics under Florida law, so it is highly probable that you will need an attorney at some point in your life. Prenuptial agreements, divorce, adoption, paternity, and care for minor children are a few examples. Considering the importance of the personal relationships that are involved, you should trust your matter to an experienced, compassionate family law advocate.
Our Melbourne family lawyers at de Beaubien, Simmons, Knight, Mantzaris & Neal, LLP are dedicated to providing solid advice and services in all areas of family law. We deliver the personalized attention you need, backed by extensive legal knowledge you expect.
Comprehensive Legal Services in Florida Family Law
Our team assists clients in many types of family law matters, covering the range of family-based relationships. We can offer advice, explain your options, and help you make informed decisions regarding:
- Divorce:Florida divorce statutes cover all aspects of the process, including asset division, spousal support, and issues regarding minor children. Parties are encouraged to agree on these matters, and a court will not disturb the arrangement as long as it is fair and reasonable. If the parties cannot reach an agreement, the court will decide these issues based upon statutory factors.
- Domestic Violence: Any type of violence against another person is a crime, but Florida law takes these matters even more seriously when they arise in a domestic situation. Spouses, former spouses, people in a dating relationship, parents that share a child, and others may seek emergency relief through protective orders.
- Pre- and Post-Nuptial Agreements: Spouses may have reasons to protect assets in the event of a divorce, and they can do so through prenuptial agreements before their wedding day. It is also possible to achieve these objectives by executing a post-nuptial agreement after getting married.
Issues Related to Minor Children
Though they come up in the context of divorce, issues related to minor children are also a concern in paternity proceedings. The key in all matters is the child’s best interests. Examples of the rights and responsibilities you must address as a parent include:
Custody and Visitation: Florida law prefers shared parental responsibilities, so the child enjoys a solid relationship with both parents. Each has equal authority to make important decisions regarding the child’s upbringing, which will be outlined in a parenting plan and entered in a court order.
Child Support: Both parents must provide for the child’s financial needs, but the non-custodial parent will usually pay support to the other. There are multiple factors involved with determining the amount, and the law provides harsh penalties for avoiding child support obligations.
Additional Areas of Representation
At de Beaubien, Simmons, Knight, Mantzaris & Neal, LLP, our family law attorneys can also assist with:
- Modifications of divorce decrees;
- Relocation of a minor child;
- Enforcement of child support or alimony;
- Termination of parental rights; and,
- Many more.
Set Up a Consultation with a Melbourne Family Lawyer Today
If you would like more information on how our Melbourne family lawyers help families throughout Central Florida, please contact de Beaubien, Simmons, Knight, Mantzaris & Neal, LLP by calling 321-421-5529. We can set up a consultation to review your circumstances and explain your options.