Tampa Construction Lawyer
Construction matters remains a proud mainstay of our practice. DSK Law has been serving clients for over 40 years, and we represent all types of clients in Tampa. From suppliers, engineers, developers, and property owners, to material men, architects, designers, general contractors, and subcontractors, our Tampa construction lawyers have the experience and knowledge built upon decades of dedicated service to help our clients attain their specific construction matter goals.
Contract Drafting and Negotiation
A contract is a legally binding agreement between two or more parties that must be properly read and understood before you take any further action. Moreover, when you create a contract and bring it to another party to sign, you must be absolutely sure that you did not leave anything out, that your best interests are fully represented, and that the document is legally sound. The Tampa construction law contract attorneys at de Beaubien, Simmons, Knight, Mantzaris & Neal are adept at reviewing contracts, drafting contracts, and negotiating better terms on your behalf. Everything starts with a contract, and we want to ensure that you set off on the right foot.
The average construction dispute costs over $34 million, according to Global Construction Disputes Report, via Construction Executive. Much is riding on the current dispute that you are involved in. While it is always best to avoid disputes with proper planning, communication, and contract agreements, conflicts are sometimes bound to happen no matter what precautions are taken. For this reason, you need an attorney who is experienced both in and out of court, and has a solid track record of successful litigations behind them. A recent study was conducted and published in Science Direct that classified the main types of construction disputes as follows, with the top causes attributed to each type of issue:
- Owner Disputes—Caused by variations initiated by the owner, change of scope, acceleration of the project and unrealistic expectations, and delayed payment.
- Contractor Disputes—Delayed work progress, time extensions, contractor’s financial failure, technical inadequacy, and quality of works;
- Design Disputes—Design error, inadequate or incomplete specifications, poor design quality, and lack of available information;
- Contract Disputes—Ambiguous contract or documentation, varied interpretations of the contract provisions, risk allocation, and other contractual problems;
- Human Behavior—Adversarial or controversial culture, poor communication, and lack of team spirit;
- Project Disputes—Problems with site conditions and unforeseen changes; and
- External Factors—Weather, legal and economic factors, and fragmented structure of the sector
As such, disputes are common throughout every step of the way. We strive to mitigate these problems and solve disputes amicably when necessary. If that is not possible, we are experienced litigators and are more than prepared to take matters to court. The most common areas of construction law where we see disputes involve the following:
- Construction Liens;
- Construction Defects;
- Bid protests;
- Public Payment;
- Performance Bonds.
DSK Law is Here to Help You Every Step of the Way
Our services include everything from pre-lawsuit negotiation, either prosecution or defense of lawsuits, arbitration, and appeals. Whether you have been aggrieved by another party, or accused of wrongdoing, the Tampa construction lawyers at de Beaubien, Simmons, Knight, Mantzaris & Neal are ready to take on your case and win.